Guides to Good Writing Style
1. Its important to use apostrophe's right.
2. It's better not to unnecessarily split an infinitive.
3. Never leave a transitive verb just lay there without an object.
4. Only Proper Nouns should be capitalized. also a sentence should. begin with a capital and end with a full stop
5. Use hyphens in compound-words, not just in any two-word phrase.
6. In letters compositions reports and things like that we use commas to keep a string of items apart.
7. Watch out for irregular verbs which have creeped into our language.
8. Verbs has to agree with their subjects.
9. Avoid unnecessary redundancy.
10. A writer mustn't shift your point of view.
11. Don't write a run-on sentence you've got to punctuate it.
12. A preposition isn't a good thing to end a sentence with.
13. Avoid clichés like the plague. And the number 13.
|Life’s Crazy Rules|
Thanks Old Rutlishians Association
Back to Light Relief